Translate

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Two favourites of mine - doughballs from the breadmaker and lilies.Taken on my good old mobile, after asking my husband for days to photograph the lilies with his fancy SLR. I love love love lilies, whether its the £3 something ones from Aldi or the same price ones from Morrisons or these from Sainsbury's brought by a friend. They currently fill the room with a delicate smell and look so beautiful. 14 days old and going strong. This flower is bigger than both my hands put together!
There is currently a surfeit of flowers in the house, people over in the past week have all brought some. White chrysanthemums in the porch (god, took me 2 minutes to type that spelling, I'm getting old), pink roses in one of the bedrooms, red chrysan...in another and two vases of lilies downstairs.
When I'm stuck for a last minute present, Waitrose in Harborne have lovely plants for around £6-8 and some of their port/wine/liqueur - always does the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment